We don’t really need to talk about the music; play or sing something beautiful that reflects who you are and what you do. You don’t have to be a musician, EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO DO SOMETHING IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!
Also, we are speaking on behalf of Mother Earth, so use your Mother Tongue – The more languages represented, the better! We’ll upload it to our YouTube channel, and feature it on The Climate Message website through our interactive world map, so we can get a sense of how much of the world is represented.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Turn on video recording on your cellphone or webcam.
2. Play or sing 20-30 seconds of music – anything you like.
3. Speak to the camera, in any language you like. Say your name, your location, and some sentence like, “Climate change is a danger to us all — time to take action.”
4. Play or sing another 20-30 seconds of music.
5. Turn off video.
6. Email file to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. there is no 7. You’re done just join our Facebook Page Tell your friends, and ask them to do the same. Let’s make some beauty, and spread the word.
Talking into a camera can be disorienting. Here are a few tips.
- When you speak, identify yourself, and give as much “locating” data as you feel comfortable doing.
- These Climate Messages are just that: a few sentences max ! So, you don’t have to say a lot, just a thought or two.