Stefanie Jacob – piano
Stefanie Jacob, pianist, made her solo debut with the Boston Pops at age 17 and her Carnegie Recital Hall debut in 1984. An avid chamber musician, she was twice awarded second prize at the Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition and was awarded Indiana University’s Leo Weiner Prize for Chamber Music. Ms. Jacob has performed as a soloist with the Milwaukee Symphony, the Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra and the Waukesha and Manitowoc Symphonies, and has appeared as a collaborating artist on Milwaukee’s Artist Series at the Pabst and WFMT-Chicago’s nationally broadcast Dame Myra Hess Series. She has recorded for the Arundax, CRI, Fleur de Son and the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music labels. A graduate of Harvard and Indiana Universities, Ms. Jacob taught at the University of Tampa from 1985 to 1987, and since then at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music. The founding pianist of the Conservatory’s resident Prometheus Trio, she also performs as the Duo Coriolan with husband Scott, and as the Duo Cosi with violinist Susan Waterbury.
If you’re a performer in any idiom, please consider joining the Climate Message Video Festival, an online initiative bringing together musicians from all over the world to increase awareness of climate change.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Turn on video recording on your cellphone or webcam.
2. Play or sing 20-30 seconds of music – anything you like.
3. Speak to the camera, in any language you like. Say your name, your location, and some sentence like, “Climate change is a danger to us all — time to take action.”
4. Play or sing another 20-30 seconds of music.
5. Turn off video.
6. Email file to email@example.com
7. there is no 7. You’re done.